How to make a Ribbon and Cotton Webbing Key Fob Hardware Wristlet by ILikeBigButtons.com March 18 2019
- 10"x1.25" Fabric strip (of your choosing)
- Ribbon (make sure it's narrower than the Cotton Webbing)
- Heat N Bond or Fusible Tape
- 1" or 1.25" Key Fob Hardware set
- Key Fob Hardware Pliers
- Sewing Machine
1. Cut a 10" section of Cotton Webbing and Ribbon of your choosing.
2. Iron Heat N Bond (10" by thinner than ribbon) to Cotton Webbing making sure to center it, this is not a necessary step but it makes it easier to sew the Ribbon on especially with embroidered ribbon.
3. Iron the Ribbon to the Cotton Webbing.
4. Now sew up one side of the Ribbon and down the other. The Ribbon is attached securely to the Cotton Webbing now. Trim the edges so that they are even.
5. Fold the Cotton Webbing in half, right sides facing out and match up the ends. Stitch the ends together with a 1/4" seam allowance. Trim any loose threads.
6. Tuck the sewn seam ends into the Key Fob Hardware, making sure that the Cotton Webbing is in there evenly and not hanging out one end or the other.
7. Using your Pliers wrapped in duct tape or a scrap of fabric to protect the metal from getting scratched, squeeze the Key Fob Hardware closed a little at a time. I like to go back and forth a couple of times so that I don't over crimp one side too much.
8. Add the Key Ring and Yay!!! You are done. Good Job!!!