Tuesday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com September 14 2021
🧶 ✂️ Yesterday at Hobby Lobby, my daughter and I rescued some beautiful chenille yarn! 🧶 ✂️
Our Light Navy (B58) KAM Plastic Snap is our most popular true blues, great for Fall and Christmas alike. 😍 If you are not into Light Navy, we carry 22 other shades of blue and 130+ unique colors of snaps.
KAM Plastic Snap Love Video @ ILikeBigButtons.com September 13 2021
I am busy updating the ILikeBigButtons.com product images and couldn't help making a short video of the KAM plastic snaps all lined up. All the colors make me so happy!
KAM Plastic Snap Love Video
ILikeBigButtons.com carries a rainbow of KAM plastic snap colors in Size 20 (Most Popular Size for Craft Projects) and Size 16 (Doll/Ribbon Projects) and much more.
Visit our KAM plastic snaps page to see our full selections of KAM plastic snaps and KAM tools.
Check out our KAM Snap Inspiration Board to find a plethora of Tutorials and Ideas for how to use KAM plastic snaps in your crafty projects.
Have a great crafty day,
The Crew @ ILikeBigButtons.com
Wednesday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com September 08 2021
No housework for me today! 😜
Our Purple (B35) KAM Plastic Snaps reminds me of Fall and snuggly sweaters.
If you are not into Purple, we carry 16 other shades of purple and 130+ unique colors of snaps.
Labor Day Weekend Sale @ ILikeBigButtons.com September 03 2021
Labor Day Sale!!! Take An Additional 15% Off Clearance Items
Happy Labor Day Weekend!!! In honor of the last great Summer Weekend, today, September 3th, through Monday, September 6th, take an additional 15% off all our Clearance Craft Supplies using coupon code:
Top Sellers :
KAM Snap Removal Pliers
Sale Price: $24.95 (Originally $29.99)
24 Pieces Sewing Clips
Sale Price: $7.95 (Originally $8.95)
So many 😍 Key Fob Wristlets @ ILikeBigButtons.com September 01 2021
So many 😍 Key Fob Wristlets.
ILikeBigButtons.com Supply List:
To see other great Key Fob Hardware, Pendant Bezel, and Cover Button ideas, visit our DIY Project section here.
Monday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com August 30 2021
Yep! I'll admit it. 😜
Our Pale Pink (B21) KAM Plastic Snap is delicate pink and reminds me of all things girly and precious. If you are not into Pale Pink, we carry 9 other shades of red, 15 shades of pink, and 130+ unique colors of snaps.
🤓 What are you working on today!?! 🤓 August 27 2021
School Must-Haves @ ILikeBigButtons.com August 24 2021
With the school year starting back up, I couldn't resist. 😄
Shop Cover Buttons @ ILikeBigButtons.com
Shop Jumbo Paper Clips @ ILikeBigButtons.com
To see other great Cover Button and Jumbo Paper Clip ideas, visit our DIY Project section here.
These aren't your grandma's Cover Buttons!!! Well, actually they are 😉 only better, with so many, many great uses for them.
💜 Flat Backs are used for crafts where you would like to glue a cover button: jewelry, bracelets, rings, earrings, necklaces, bobby pins and barrettes, scrapbooking, and much more.
💙 Wire Backs are used for fabric cover buttons in sewing, shoes, clothing, ponytail holders and much, much more.
Here are the 7 sizes we carry. From 1/2", which is about as small as your pinky nail, all the way up to 1 7/8" in diameter, about the size of the round side of a kiwi fruit.
We carry them in both flat back (glueable) and wire back (sewable).
• Size 20 (1/2 inch / 12 mm)
• Size 24 (5/8 inch / 15 mm)
• Size 30 (3/4 inch / 19 mm)
• Size 36 (7/8 inch / 23 mm)
• Size 45 (1 1/8 inch / 28 mm)
• Size 60 (1 1/2 inch / 38 mm)
• Size 75 (1 7/8 inch / 48 mm)
Assembling fabric Cover Buttons is fast and simple. In just seconds, you will have a button ready for your latest craft project.
Inspiration Board: Fabric Cover Buttons
Monday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com August 16 2021
It is sweet torture! 😅😳😍
Great Value KAM® Starter Kit @ ILikeBigButtons.com August 13 2021
KAM® Snap Pliers, Awl, and 50 sets of White KAM® Plastic Snaps (Glossy):
- KAM® Plastic Snap Setting Pliers
- 2 Metal Setting Rods (the installed rod sets snap sizes 14, 16, and 20; the wider rod sets size 19 and 22 snaps)
- Cap Dies (for setting size 16, 19, 20, 22, heart and star shaped snaps)
- Screwdriver (for changing cap dies)
- Awl (for creating holes in fabric)
Glossy WHITE KAM® plastic snap sets in size 20 (0.5" - 12.4 mm).
Size 20 snaps are our most popular size and can be used for most general projects like baby diapers and clothing. Size 20 snaps have the largest color variety, have a good strong hold, and are a good size for most projects.
Brand New! Hearts & Stars & Flowers! Oh my!
I Like Big Buttons! Family Vacation 2021 July 20 2021
Our I Like Big Buttons! family is going on vacation.
We will be pushing PAUSE for a week, so that we can spend some real time with our kids outside of the I Like Big Buttons! business routine. A week where the business doesn't consume our time and energies.
So here's the heads up, if you have been putting off an order, now is the time to make it. We will be accepting orders and shipping until July 28th at 3pm PT and won't reopen until August 7th. Any and all orders made between the evening of July 28th through August 8th will ship out August 9th.
We also will be off Social Media and out of internet range for most of the week, meaning any product or order questions you have won't be answered until we return on August 7th, as we will be enjoying quality time with our family.
Thank you for understanding as we give our patient kiddos some much deserved Dad/Mom attention and time.
Gena and the I Like Big Buttons! Crew
I'm in with Jumbo Paper Clips and Cover Buttons.
Quick & easy craft with stunning results!
We are a cat-loving family here at I Like Big Buttons! As such, we have a few fluffy friends scurrying around. A while back, my husband picked up a few bags of cat food that were made of a more durable material than the paper bags ones and had cute kitty images on them. I couldn't resist turning them into some cute messenger bags for a couple of my little cat lovers. 🙂 🐈
How to make an Upcycled/Recycled Messenger Bag/Purse with KAM Snaps and Pet Food Bag
- Pet Food Bag of your choice (Look for the ones made of woven plastic)
- Marine Vinyl or a material of your choice
- 2 KAM Snap Sets (Depending on the thickness of the material you may want Long Prong)
- KAM Snap Pliers and Awl
- 1″ Cotton Webbing
- Scissors/Rotary Blade
- Standard Sewing Machine
1. Cut the bag along the seams. I plan on making 2 bags with it. For this project, I am focusing on making each bag with a kitty image front and center. Use a damp cloth to wipe the leftover cat food crumbs from the interior of the bags and let air dry. This doesn't take more than a few minutes.
2. Decide on your shape. I like to craft off the cuff. This lid of a storage container was just the right size and shape to showcase the kitty image. Trace around it with a marker.
3. I picked the height based on the image. I left a 1" above each kitty image. *If I did it again, I might do 2" or 3" instead. As you will see later, the flap of the bag covers some of the image. If I had dropped it another inch I think it would have looked slightly better when snapped closed.
4. Cut 2 pieces of Marine Vinyl or material of your choice the same size at the kitty images. I had some vinyl left over from a summer chair reupholstering product. I love it because the color goes nicely with the kitty image and it is durable.
5. Cut two flaps for the messenger bags. I cut them the same width as the bags and longer than I thought I would need so I could adjust on the fly.
6. Using a 1/2" seam sew the kitty image to the front piece of Marine Vinyl, right sides together. I chose to put the Marine Vinyl front to the front so that the interior of the bag was uniform, but you could turn the right side of the Marine Vinyl inward so that it was to the inside of the bag. Sewer's choice. :)
7. Fold the sewed seam flat and smooth. Then, fold it until the kitty image is right side out. Smooth the sewed seam and Marine Vinyl.
8. Sew 1/4" seam along the top of the finished edge.
9. Fold the top edge of the back piece of the bag over a 1/2". Sew 1/4" seam along the edge, creating a finished edge.
10. For the top flap, I created a simple square with three finished edges. Marine Vinyl is durable and the raw edges hold up nicely. If using another material, you will have to give consideration to the material you are using and adjust accordingly. The messenger bag/purse will be about 8" wide when finished so I made the flaps slightly smaller at 7.75". *If I did it again, I might have shaved off a little bit more to give the shoulder strap more room to fill.
11. I, then, cut the height of the flap down to 3" because I wanted to see as much of the kitty image as I could after the KAM plastic snap was installed.
12. Align and use a zigzag stitch to attach the flap to the back piece of the purse. Make sure to center it.
13. Put right sides together and sew the 2 sides and bottom of the purse with a 3/8" to 1/2" seam. Make sure to use a Stay Stitch the beginning and end of your sewing so that the stitches stay put.
14. Turn the bags right side out and square the corners as much as possible. I used the backside of a Sharpie marker to help square the corners. Remember I slightly rounded them so they won't be perfectly square. Smooth bags flat.
15. Measure the center of the flap and use a KAM awl to poke a hole for the KAM plastic snap that you will adding. I am only going through 1 layer of Marine Vinyl so a Standard Prong snap will work. If you are using thicker material or multiple layers, I would recommend our Long Prong KAM plastic snaps.
16. Install KAM plastic snap (Cap and Socket).
17. Repeat in front of the bag, where KAM plastic snap lines up. I poked the hole through both layers at once so that I had a point of reference. Then I widened the hole after double-checking the placement of the internal hole. Install KAM plastic snap (Cap and Stud).
18. I think they turned out super cute! Now to add shoulder straps.
19. For the sake of time and my sanity, I simply attached the shoulder straps with a half of a KAM snap set (Cap and Socket). I used the snap like a rivet. I also used Long Prong KAM plastic snaps for this piece because I was working with the thickness of the Marine Vinyl and Cotton Webbing. *I doubled the edge of the Cotton Webbing over on itself and sewed a straight line back and forth across it a half dozen times so it doesn't unravel. With Polyester Webbing, you could melt the edge to secure it.
20. Tada!!! I think they turned out great, it took less than 2 hours to make both of them, and my little cat lovers are ecstatic. They have a new place to store their treasures.
😻 😻 😻
Button Enclosure Conversion to Sweatpants Pocket with KAM Plastic Snaps @ ILikeBigButtons.com July 02 2021
I love my slouchy sweatpants for getting work done around the house, but their comfortable pockets are useless when for holding onto my phone when I am active. KAM plastic snaps to the rescue! I turned my useless slouchy pocket into a secure button enclosed, phone holding pocket in just a few seconds with KAM plastic snaps.
I used some fun colored snaps from the KAM plastic snaps Grab Bag making bucket.
Easy peasy, I wore my phone around all day while I cleaned and worked. It was secure the whole time and with a quick unsnapping on hand when I needed it. KAM plastic snaps are the BEST!
Tada! I can now get my list of projects done without fearing my phone will take a tumble from my pocket while I am moving.
To see other great KAM Plastic Snap ideas, visit our DIY Project section here.
Jumbo Sewing Clips @ ILikeBigButtons.com June 25 2021
I am in with Jumbo Sewing Clips. They are very handy.
Thursday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com June 24 2021
This one really spoke to me. "You're welcome, dear children of mine!" 😂🤣😂
Our Pineapple Chiffon (G130) KAM Plastic Snap is the perfect pale yellow. If you are not into Pineapple Chiffon, we carry 9 other shades of yellow and 130+ unique colors of snaps.
Water Bottle Charm Markers @ ILikeBigButtons.com June 15 2021
Congratulations, Class of 2021!!! We had a graduate this year. We are still trying to wrap our mind around it, given that we just brought her home from the hospital not so long ago, but now we are celebrating her like she is a Rockstar!
We were able to throw her a celebration with our family and closest friends. To make the "Whose Water Bottle is Whose?" game more manageable, we raided our Pacifier Supplies inventory and used O-Ring Pacifier Adapters in all 14 colors to mark the water bottles, so they were unique.
It is as simple as placing an O-Ring over the bottle cap. The O-Rings nestle snuggly just under the rim and can be slipped back off and washed for reuse.
To see this tutorial and other I Like Big Buttons! Crafty Ideas visit our Craft Inspiration Boards here.
Hands-free Water Bottle Holder @ ILikeBigButtons.com June 11 2021
My oldest is headed off on a class trip to Silverwood Theme Park. Rollercoaster rides, caramel apples, sunshine, and lots of laughter. A hands-free Water Bottle, so she can keep moving and not worry about keeping hydrated, is a must.
I made a couple of quick water bottle holders from ILikeBigButtons.com craft supplies.
Here is what you will need:
- Flat Back Cover Buttons (I used Size 24, Size 30, and Size 36 Cover Buttons)
- Cover Button Assembly Tools
- Cover Button Templates
- Fabric Scraps
- Lace Scraps
- E6000 Adhesive or Hot Glue
- Sharpie Permanent Marker
- Surgical Stainless Steel Earring Posts and Backs
1. Cut your fabric scrap. You will want a circle that is about twice the diameter of your button blank or use one of our handy Plastic Cover Button Templates.
2. Put your lace piece in the larger assembly tool piece (RIGHT SIDE DOWN). Then, put your fabric piece in the larger assembly tool piece (RIGHT SIDE DOWN). When you look into the tool you want to see the back of the fabric.
3. Place the button front (the domed piece) on top of the fabric. Leave the fabric edges hanging out.
4. Press the Cover Button edges down into the tool.
5. Place the back cover button piece on top of your fabric and button front. If the cover button will be subject to repeated tugging from the back, you may want to add a little e6000 adhesive before attaching the back.
6. Take the smaller piece of the assembly tool and with the open side down place it on the button back.
7. Press down. You may hear a pop when the last bit of the button back slips into place. If you take the tool out and the button is not completely secured, just put it back in and press down again.
8. When you take the small assembly tool piece off, the fabric edges will be secured underneath the button back.
9. Remove the button from the larger assembly tool piece.
10. Tada! First step complete.
11. Lightly scuff the back of the Cover Button so the glue will adhere better (not essential but recommended).
12. Clean both surfaces of dust. I used rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab.
15. Let dry, add Earring Backing/Nut, and enjoy.
16. Tada! Lace and Fabric Cover Button Earrings are great a gifts or as products for your shop.
💲 $5 Deals 💲 @ ILikeBigButtons.com June 07 2021
Check out our 5 Dollar Deals!
* Quantities are limited to stock on hand.
Long Prong Mixed Bag Sale @ ILikeBigButtons.com May 28 2021
--> $4.50 (Originally $5.95)
Wednesday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com May 26 2021
Today is a looking for my scissors kind of day!
Thursday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com May 20 2021
Hello, Spring! 🥰
Our Wisteria (G129) KAM Plastic Snaps reminds me of Spring blooms and cotton candy.
If you are not into Wisteria, we carry 16 other shades of purple and 130+ unique colors of snaps.
I have been working on a lot of crafty projects recently and I needed a few new handy sewing accessories: Fabric Cover Button Needle Minder/Pin Cushion. I love the splash of color they add to my sewing station and their usefulness!
- 1 Completed Size 75 (1 7/8 inch / 48 mm) Fabric Cover Button
- Fabric Of Your Choice
- 1x Standard Round Magnet (Approximately 3/4" Round)
- E6000, Hot Glue, or comparable adhesive
I Like Big Buttons! - Picture Tutorial Below:
1. Cut your fabric scrap. You will want a circle that is about twice the diameter of your button blank. *TIP* Our All-In-One Cover Button Template makes creating the right size circle of fabric a breeze.
2. Put your fabric piece in the larger assembly tool piece (RIGHT SIDE DOWN). When you look into the tool you want to see the back of the fabric.
3. Glue the magnet inside the back of the Cover Button with Hot Glue or E6000.
4. Place the button front (the domed piece) on top of the fabric. Leave the fabric edges hanging out.
5. Press the cover button edges down into the tool. *TIP* To make it easier on my fingers, I use a sharpie marker to apply pressure.
6. Place the back cover button piece on top of your fabric and button front. *TIP* If the cover button will be subject to repeated tugging from the back, you may want to add a little e6000 adhesive before attaching the back.
7. Take the smaller piece of the assembly tool and with the open side down place it on the button back.
8. Press down. You may hear a pop when the last bit of the button back slips into place. If you take the tool out and the button is not completely secured, just put it back in and press down again. *TIP* I often use a flat piece of wood to apply pressure, again to save my fingers. It also helps to avoid the button back going in at an angle.
9. When you take the small assembly tool piece off, the fabric edges will be secured underneath the button back.
9. Remove the button from the larger assembly tool piece.
10. Tada! Now you have an attractive Pin Cushion/Needle Holder for your sewing room.
To see other great Fabric Cover Button ideas, visit our DIY Project section here.
😍 Made a WSU Key Fob Wristlet and Key Chain for a friend's daughter today using ILikeBigButtons.com supplies. I love how they turned out! 😍
ILikeBigButtons.com Supply List:
- Key Fob Hardware
- Pendant Bezels (Size 36 and Size 60)
- Cover Buttons (Size 36 and Size 60)
- Lobster Clasps
For more Crafty Inspiration, visit our Key Fob Hardware Inspiration Boards.
- 15.5" x 2.25" of Cotton Fabric
- 15.5" x 2.25" piece of Fusible Interfacing
- 1.25" Key Fob Hardware with Split Rings
- Key Fob Pliers
- Sewing Clips
- Standard Sewing Machine
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Cut a 15.5" x 2.25" piece of Cotton Fabric and Fusible Interfacing. These measurements will work for a standard Lip Balm Tube and a standard Blistex Tube. You may need to adjust measures for your favorite lip product.
- Iron the Fusible Interfacing to the wrong side of your fabric.
- Fold right sides together width-wise and sew both long sides with a 1/4" seam. Do not sew short sides.
- Turn the tube right side out through the open side, iron flat, and sew the open short side closed with a zig-zag stitch.
- Fold zig-zag side back on itself 1 1/4". Sew straight stitch 1/2" from the top, and again at 5/8" from the top. This is what it will look like from the back.
- Here is how the front turned out. This will be the front of the pocket on the Lip Balm Holder.
- Fold the tab that will be the front of the pocket at 2 3/4". Make sure the zig-zag stitch is hidden. Use Sewing Clips to hold the front pocket in place while sewing. Stitch at 1/4" seam around the whole holder. And again at 1/8". Start and finish at the top edge so that your start and finish stitches will be hidden.
- Center the 1.25" Key Fob Hardware on the top edge of the Lip Balm Holder.
- Using Key Fob Hardware Pliers squeeze the Key Fob Hardware closed with gentle pressure. Sometimes, I go back and forth from left to right added a little bit of pressure to each side until it eases together. Our Key Fob Hardware Pliers make this easy to do. Make sure the teeth in the Key Fob Hardware are sunk securely into the fabric.
- Tada! These little Lip Balm Holders were easy to make and are great as a quick thoughtful gift for a loved one who hates chapped lips.
- Hang them on your keychain, the outside of your purse, or anywhere you need for quick access.
Monday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com May 10 2021
Our Candy Pink (G77) KAM Plastic Snap is beautiful deep pink and reminds me of all things girly and hot Spring days that make me wish for Summer to be here. If you are not into Candy Pink, we carry 9 other shades of red, 15 shades of pink, and 130+ unique colors of snaps.
🔑 Key Fob Hardware Sale 🔑 @ ILikeBigButtons.com May 01 2021
are 10% OFF
No Coupon Necessary
Good Through May 31, 2021.
Monday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com April 26 2021
Jumbo Paper Clip Finishes April 14 2021
Our Jumbo Paper Clips come in three great finishes:
- Antique Brass
Jumbo Paper Clips are 3 1/2" in length with 5/8" diameter glue pads.
Jumbo Paper clips are commonly used to make bookmarks:
- Attach size 36 (7/8" - 23 mm), size 45 (1 1/8" - 28 mm), or size 60 (1 1/2" - 38 mm) flat back cover buttons.
- Glue on flat beads, paper punches, charms, gemstones, cabochons, silk flowers, and much more!
- An adhesive such as E-6000 works great for attaching your crafty items.
Use your imagination, there are so many possibilities!
Courtesy of craftycjaeger Flower Embellished Jumbo Paper Clips
Up To 40% KAM® Plastic Snap Mega Starter Packs April 13 2021
No Coupon Necessary | Today Only (4/13/21).
Monday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com April 12 2021
- Page 1 of 9