KAM Snaps: FAQ and Tutorials
What Size Snaps Do I Need?
What Colors Can I Choose?
Are Snaps Available In Other Shapes?
How Do I Apply Plastic Snaps with Hand Pliers?
How Do I Adjust The Pliers For Different Snap Sizes?
How Do I Remove Plastic Snaps With Snap Pliers?
How Do I Remove Plastic Snaps With A Soldering Iron?
How Do I Apply Plastic Snaps with a DK-98 Snap Press?
How To Install the DK-98 Press Handle?
How To Install the DK-98 Press Dies?
How To Align the DK-98 Press Dies?
How To Set the DK-98 Snap Press Handle Stop?
How Do I Remove Plastic Snaps Using a DK-98 Snap Press?
How Do I Change the dies in the KAM Snap Removal Pliers?
How Do I Remove a Plastic Snap (socket) with KAM Snap Removal Pliers?
How Do I Remove a Plastic Snap (stud) with KAM Snap Removal Pliers?
KAM Snaps Tutorials
- Size 20 (0.5" - 12.4 mm) snaps are our most popular size and can be used for most general projects like baby diapers and clothing. They are our most popular plastic snap size, have the largest color variety, and have a good strong hold.
- Size 16 (0.4" - 10.2 mm) snaps are most commonly used for baby and toddler clothing, pacifier clips, mama pads, and small crafts.
- Our Size 14 (0.35" - 9.7 mm) snaps have 5.0 mm prongs and can be used in most applications where Size 16 snaps are used.
- Size 19 (0.475" - 12 mm) and Size 22 (0.55" - 14.1 mm) snaps are used for heavy duty applications requiring a strong grip. They are often used with tote bags, coats, tarps, and upholstery.
In general, smaller snaps have shorter prongs (size 14 and 19 snaps are exceptions, as size 14 caps have longer prongs than size 16 caps and size 19 caps have longer prongs than size 20 caps). Prong length determines how much material you can go through and successfully form the snap. We also carry longer pronged Size 16 and Size 20 (in White or Black) for thicker fabric projects.
If you are unsure which size you need, consider one of our KAM Snaps Starter Packs with white snaps in varying sizes.
Please feel free to ask for help.
Size 20 snaps are available in over 130 colors. The first 60 colors (B1-B60) are standard KAM Snap colors. We have created over 60 custom KAM Snap colors that you may choose from as well. Custom color codes start with the letter G.
- Size 16 snaps are available in the standard color pallet (B1-B60).
- Size 14, Size 19, and Size 22 snaps are available in B3 (White) and B5 (Black).
Yes! We carry KAM Snaps in several shapes.
- Heart Shaped KAM Snaps work with Size 20 sockets and studs. You will need snap pliers to apply heart shaped snaps and the T5 (Size 20) die.
- Star Shaped KAM Snaps work with Size 20 sockets and studs. You will need snap pliers to apply Star shaped snaps and the T8A (Size 22) die.