Monday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com January 18 2021
K1 KAM Plastic Snap Pliers Versus K2 ILBB Plastic Snap Pliers January 08 2021
The K1 pliers are KAM® branded pliers, the same quality brand as the snaps we carry. They come with four (4) dies:
The K2 pliers are manufactured for our I Like Big Buttons!® brand. They are a more economical option for those who aren't looking to do all that many snaps. They come with three (3) dies:
K1 are sturdier and have more robust dies than K2. If you are just doing a few snaps, the K2 is not a bad choice, and some people like them better for Size 16 snaps. The K1 pliers do a nicer job on Size 20 snaps and work great on Size 16.
K1 pliers form the snaps creating a small rounded dome in the socket and stud center. K2 pliers form more of a flat pancake with a bullseye impression that some like for Size 16 snaps, as it can make them snap together a little easier.
If grip strength is an issue, K2 pliers require less force to sufficiently set snaps.
Wednesday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com January 06 2021
Just for today! 😜
Our Dazzle (G95) KAM Plastic Snaps reminds me of grape popsicles, mermaids 🧜♀️, and childhood imagination.
If you are not into Dazzle, we carry 16 other shades of purple and 130+ unique colors of snaps.
💖 KAM Plastic Snaps Love Sale 💖 January 03 2021
Rounds, ❤️Hearts❤️, ⭐Stars⭐, and Long Prongs, Oh My!!! All our KAM Plastic Snaps are 15% OFF in our Quick Order Chart using coupon code: KAMSNAPLOVE
Time to Stock up!!!
Single Color in Size 16 or Size 20
1 Coupon Per Order. Good Through January 31, 2021.
🥳 END OF THE YEAR SALE! 🥳 @ ILikeBigButtons.com December 28 2020
What an unexpected year of up and downs! 😭🙃🤪 As a THANK YOU for sticking with us through 2020, take 15% off your End of the Year order using coupon code:
Valid on www.ILikeBigButtons.com only.
1 Coupon Per Order. Good Through January 2, 2021.
Monday Humor for Christmas @ ILikeBigButtons.com December 21 2020
Trying to make sure everything is ready for 🎄 Christmas 🎄, feeling this more than ever today!
Our Gold (B11) KAM Plastic Snap is one of my favorite Christmas metallics. If you are not into Gold, we carry 6 metallic KAM Plastic Snap shades and 130+ unique colors of snaps.
Wednesday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com December 16 2020
🎄✨🎅 'Tis the Season! 🎄✨🎅
BTW, this is G104 - Cranberry, a perfect red for this Christmas season. It is a beautiful deep red that makes me think of yummy orange cranberry bread and baking with my mom. If you are not into Cranberry, we carry 9 other shades of red, 15 shades of pink, and 130+ unique colors of snaps.
Monday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com December 07 2020
What's on your 🎄 Christmas 🎄 list?
Our Orange (B55) KAM Plastic Snap reminds me of getting cozy in front of the fireplace with a cup of cocoa, and my darling son who does his best to wear orange every day of the week. 🥰
If you are not into Orange, we carry 13 other shades of orange and 130+ unique colors of snaps.
Merry Christmas! Professional KAM Plastic Snap Press and KAM Plastic Snaps GIVEAWAY! @ ILikeBigButtons.com December 02 2020
Giveaway good until Monday 12/14/20
To ENTER TO WIN visit ilikebigbuttons.com - I Like Big Buttons (Details and Rules in Giveaway Post).
*If your name is drawn as the winner, we will check to make sure you have completed all 3 requirements above. One (1) Random winner will be drawn.
If you can’t wait and want a Professional Press, they are already on SALE our website (No Coupon Necessary).
Monday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com November 30 2020
It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!
Our Daffodil (G126) KAM Plastic Snap reminds me of brisk, sunny days and warm candlelight.
If you are not into Daffodil, we carry 9 other shades of yellow and 130+ unique colors of snaps.
Shop Now!!! Storewide 2020 THANKFUL Sale @ ILikeBigButtons.com November 23 2020
2020 Thankful Sale @ ILikeBigButtons.com
Black Friday - Small Business Saturday - Cyber Monday all rolled into one!
Before we prepare to celebrate another amazing Thanksgiving with our family, I wanted to give all of you our Thankful Deals so you can get started with some great Christmas crafts or for you pre-planners ;) some last-minute projects.
Coupon Codes* (Good through November 30, 2020 on our website):
THANKFUL10 for 10% off orders
THANKFUL15 for 15% off orders $500+
***BONUS: Don't forget that US orders $99+ also get upgraded to free shipping!!!
Black Friday orders made Thanksgiving Day through November 29th (Sunday) will ship out Monday with our morning pickup. Thank you for your understanding and business! Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!!! Have a great crafty holiday week!!!
I Like Big Buttons! and All Buttons big and small :)
|Key Fob Hardware:|
|And Much More...|
* Limit 1 coupon per order
What are you feeling Thankful, Grateful, and Blessed about today? November 23 2020
Tuesday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com November 17 2020
Our Royal Blue (B16) KAM Plastic Snap is our most popular true blue, great for Fall and Christmas alike. 😍 If you are not into Royal Blue, we carry 22 other shades of blue and 130+ unique colors of snaps.
Jean Pacifier Clip with Fabric Rosette November 16 2020
Supplies for a Recycled Jean Pacifier Clip with Fabric Rosette:
- 1 Pair of Holey Jeans
- 1 1/2" to 2" x 24" long strip of Fabric
- 1 KAM Plastic Pacifier Clip
- 1 KAM Snap Sets
- KAM Snap Pliers and Awl
- Sewing Clips
- Standard Sewing Machine
- Hot Glue Gun
- Fabri-Tac - Fabric Adhesive
- Using an old, holey pair of Jeans cut two 1 1/2" x 14" strips of material.
- Use Sewing Clips to hold the material, wrong sides together, right sides facing out.
- Stitch around the strip of fabric about a 1/4 to 3/8" in all the way around making sure to backstitch at the start and end.
- Pull on the edges to fray the jean material up to the stitch you made. I used a crafty child :) with a cutting board and a fork. It will also fray over time but I was going for this look.
- To make the Fabric Rosette, fold the fabric in half, wrong sides together, two times. You will end up with about 1/2" or less strip of fabric 24" long. I used an iron to fold it, not so much that it was completely flat, just enough that it held its shape. Start at one end and hot glue the first bit of it back against itself.
- Continue this ever so often so that the 'bud' stays together.
- Make the bud or center of the rose about 1/2" in diameter. Add one last drop of hot glue.
- Now twist the fabric 360 degrees, so that the bottom becomes the top. Tack it with a small bead of hot glue and repeat.
- Continue twisting and gluing until you run out of fabric or until you reach the desired size of your rosette.
- It will look like this when you are finished.
- Glue the last bit of fabric on the underside of the Rosette securely with hot glue.
- For a more finished look, I added a circle of felt to the bottom with Fabri-Tac.
- Put the KAM Plastic Pacifier Clip on the Fabric strip about 1″ in.
- Fold back 1″ of the strip back onto itself.
- Straight stitch across the fabric strip just behind the KAM Plastic Pacifier Clip. Make sure to set the stitch.
- Make sure that the internal snap in a comfortable distance to accommodate the width of the handle, I spaced my KAM Snaps about 2″ apart using the Pacifier I have with the biggest handle.
- Now on the side where the Pacifier will be attached, I installed a Cap and Socket about 1/2″ from the edge. I used Size 20 snaps for this tutorial but either Size 20 or Size 16 will work great.
- Add Fabric Rosette with Fabri-Tac to the Pacifier Clip just above the clip.
- Now snap the Pacifier in place, attach to your child’s outfit and go.
- Tada! Okay, I think I am in love. Super cute! Happy Snapping!!! To see our other great Pacifier Clip Tutorial and KAM Plastic Snap Ideas and buy these supplies visit I Like Big Buttons.com.
Disclaimer: Keep in mind that although I have rough tested these I in no way recommend you leave your baby alone with these as there are small pieces and if not done properly they may come apart and become a choking hazard. I would recommend these clips under adult supervision only. The maker and/or parent assumes full responsibility when using these pacifier clips.
Today only! Take an additional
using coupon code:
Tuesday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com November 10 2020
Especially this time of year!!! 😊😜😁
Our Violet (B41) KAM Plastic Snap is one of our most popular colors and a favorite of mine. If you are not into Violet, we carry 16 other shades of purple and 130+ unique colors of snaps.
Supplies for a "No Sew" Pacifier Clip:
- Pacifier with Hinged Handle
- 14-15" of 7/8" Grosgrain Ribbon
- 1 Enamel Clip or Plastic Clip
- 2 KAM Snap Sets
- KAM Snap Pliers and Awl
- Fabric Tac
- Lighter or Chef's Torch
- Choose a 7/8" or 3/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, cut a 14" to 16" length of ribbon. I did 7/8" Grosgrain Ribbon and I cut it 16" long so when it was completed it was approximately 12" long.
- The ribbon I was using was made of polyester so I used a lighter to seal the ends of the ribbon so it doesn't fray. (If you are unsure, you may want to practice on a scrap piece if this is your first time or you are unsure of what the material is made of.)
- Then I used a bit of Fabric Tac and folded over 1" of the ribbon back on itself to reinforce the ribbon and pressed it firmly and let it dry. Repeat on the opposite end.
- Once dry, I installed a Cap and Socket in each end of the ribbon about 1/2" from the edge. I used Size 20 snaps for this tutorial but either Size 20 or Size 16 will work great.
- On the side that will hold the Enamel Clip, I simply folded the ribbon over at the 1" mark and installed a Cap and Stud where it would meet. I, then, feed the Enamel Clip onto the ribbon and snapped it into place. It may have been easier to thread on the pacifier clip before installing any Snap parts but I was able to feed it through without much trouble.
- Now on the side where the Pacifier will be attached, adjust the internal snap at a comfortable distance to accommodate the width of the handle. I went an additional 1/2" for the Pacifier, I used.
- Now snap the Pacifier in place, attach to your child's shirt and go.
- Tada! Happy Snapping!!!
Monday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com November 02 2020
Sigh! Hello, Monday. 🙃😜
Friday Humor @ ILikeBigButtons.com October 23 2020
Some days, for sure! 😜
BTW, this is B38 - Deep Red, one of my all-time favorite KAM plastic snap colors. It is the quintessential red and reminds me of fall apples, fire trucks, and school pride. Can you guess what one of my school colors was growing up? 🥰 If you are not into Deep Red, we carry 9 other shades of red, 15 shades of pink, and 130+ unique colors of snaps.
Our Sunset Yellow (B10) KAM Plastic Snap reminds me of brisk, but sunny Fall days and colorful Fall leaves.
If you are not into Sunset Yellow, we carry 9 other shades of yellow and 130+ unique colors of snaps.
I Like Big Buttons! KAM Plastic Snaps - Color Of The Day!!! B51 – Kelly Green Our Kelly Green (B51) September 30 2020
Color Of The Day!!! B51 – Kelly Green
Our Kelly Green (B51) KAM Plastic Snap reminds me of beautiful green grass and lazy summer days. I am not ready for summer to end! 😭
If you are not into Kelly Green, we carry 16 other shades of green and 130+ unique colors of snaps.
You Got This! Giveaway Week @ I Like Big Buttons! September 14 2020
If you need a pick-me-up after the last few weeks we have had, you aren’t alone. The I Like Big Buttons! household is busy with virtual school, “mom, I need your help” mantra from my kiddos, soooo many meals, and now, we have been inundated with smoke from all the fires around us, so much so that we can’t leave our house because the air is hazardous to breath.
We are ready for something encouraging, so we will be giving away a 'craft kit' prize every day this week to do with your kids during this virtual school year in our I Like Big Buttons! group.
Each kit will include one or more of our I Like Big Buttons! craft supplies and link to our online tutorials. (Fabric, glue, etc will not be included).
The winner must comment with an answer to the day's post/image in I Like Big Buttons Group. Giveaway will start at 12 pm PT today!!!
Monday's prize: Self-Cover Button Barrettes (25 Size 30 Cover Buttons, Tool/Template, and (25) Random Mix of Barrettes)
Tuesday's prize: Enameled Pacifier Clips (10 Enameled Clips, 20 Sets of White KAM Snaps, K2 Plastic Snap Pliers, and Random Mix of MAM Rings)
Wednesday's prize: 190 Long Prong KAM Snap Starter Pack in Rainbow Spectrum and K2 Plastic Snap Pliers (One 10 pack of each color)
Thursday's prize: Self-Cover Button Jumbo Paper Clips (10 Size 45 Cover Buttons, Tool/Template, and (10) Random Mix of Paper Clips)
Friday's prize: 15 Random Mix of 1" (25 mm) Key Fob Hardware and Key Fob Hardware Pliers
Saturday/Sunday prize: 600 sets of KAM Plastic Snaps and K2 Plastic Snap Pliers (10 sets of B1 through B60 in Size 20).
*One (1) Random winner will be drawn every day at 12 pm PT.
Labor Day Sale!!! Take An Additional 15% Off Clearance Items September 04 2020
Happy Labor Day Weekend!!!
In honor of the last great Summer Weekend, today, September 4th, through Monday, September 7th, take an additional 15% off all our Clearance Craft Supplies using coupon code: CLEARANCE15
Clearance and Sale Link
Our Grape Soda (G114) KAM Plastic Snap reminds me of the lingering lazy summer days, picnics at the river, and of course, a cool can of Grape Soda. ☀️😁☀️
If you are not into Grape Soda, we carry 16 other shades of purple and 130+ unique colors of snaps.
You can choose from our Mega Starter Packs in Size 20 or Size 16 with either 10 or 25 sets of each color.
Size 20 Mega Starter Pack A:
Our first 60 KAM Snap Colors (B1 through B60) plus Clear in Size 20.
Size 20 Mega Starter Pack B:
All 70 of our custom KAM Snap Colors (G61-G130) in Size 20
- Size 20 snaps are our most popular size and can be used for most general projects like baby diapers and clothing. Size 20 snaps have the largest color variety, have a good strong hold, and are a good size for most projects.
- Each set includes 2 round caps, 1 socket and 1 stud.
Size 16 Mega Starter Pack A:
All 60 KAM Snap Colors (B1 through B60) in Size 16
- Size 16 (0.4" - 10.2 mm) snaps are most commonly used for baby and toddler clothing, pacifier clips, mama pads, and small crafts.
- Each set includes 2 round caps, 1 socket and 1 stud.
Pronged studs enable snap stacking. They take the place of a cap and allow your item to be snapped from both sides. While typically used to make a double-sided snap, they can be daisy-chained.
Here is a simple tutorial to show the versatility of Pronged Studs.
- Size 20 KAM Plastic Snaps (Colors of your choosing)
- Size 20 Pronged Studs
- Sheets of Colored Felt or Fabric
1. Plan your layered flower, insert the Snap Cap through the first layer and back it with a socket. Form the KAM plastic snap.
2. Insert a Pronged Stud through the second layer and back it with a stud. Form the Pronged Stud and Stud together using the pronged stud die into the bottom of your press, and stud die into the top of your press.
3. Insert a Pronged Stud through the third layer and back it with a socket. Form the Pronged Stud and Socket together using the pronged stud die into the bottom of your press, and socket die into the top of your press.
4. Insert the Snap Cap through the fourth layer and back it with a socket. Form the KAM plastic snap.
5. Now snap all the layers together and enjoy!
6. Tada! Below is a close up for how they stack together. Pronged studs enable snap stacking. They take the place of a cap and allow your item to be snapped from both sides. While typically used to make a double-sided snap, they can be daisy-chained infinitely.
- Have a 5.6mm prong like standard size 20 snaps.
- Requires a DK-98 press, size 20 pronged stud die, and size 20 three piece die set OR DK-93 press, size 20 pronged stud die, and size 20 three piece die set.
- Cannot be installed with snap pliers.
- Are sold as pronged studs only. Caps, sockets, and regular studs are available separately.
A stud or socket can be installed on the other side of the pronged stud. Just insert the pronged stud die into the bottom of your press, and the socket or stud die into the top of your press.
© ILikeBigButtons.com and I Like Big Buttons Blog, 2020.
Our Fuchsia (G122) KAM Plastic Snap is one of my favorite pinks and with the ☀️ hot, Hot, HOT ☀️ week we are experiencing here in the Pacific Northwest it makes me think of all things Fuchsia. Bright, happy, red, and pink with a hint of purple, it is everything I want a pink to be.
Happy Fourth of July 🎇!🎆 Professional KAM Plastic Snap Press GIVEAWAY! @ I Like Big Buttons! June 24 2020
ENTER TO WIN and see giveaway details on I Like Big Buttons! Business Facebook Page.
|Printable Chart/Grid for the "G" Custom Colors||Printable Chart/Grid for the "G" Custom Colors (Flipped/Foldable)|
I Like Big Buttons! Printable Chart/Grid for the "G" Custom Colors (G61 through G130)
My sweet husband created 2 pdf charts for our ILBB "G" KAM Plastic Snaps Custom Colors with a small circle in each square so that your snap caps can be placed neatly in the chart.
He also split it into two charts to make it easier to attach the snaps with pliers or press if you would like. They can also be attached with glue. And he formatted it so that you can choose between either a "both sides up" version or a "flippable" version so you can fold it in half and flip it and have the second half of the chart right side up.
Now, you can have an easy quick reference chart like Standard KAM plastic snap chart for B1 through B60. You can print the charts on paper or cardstock and attach our exclusive "G" Custom Colors for a handy reference guide when ordering or deciding on fabric/snap combinations.
They are available in the above links, but you can also find it on our website in the main menu under "Color Charts".
Where to buy Standard KAM plastic snap chart and samples of our 70 custom colors.
Face Mask with Scrunchy Earpieces Using KAM Plastic Snaps Tutorial by ILikeBigButton.com April 23 2020
As a precaution, I have been making our family some face masks. Nothing fancy, I was limited to what supplies I had on hand. I made a mask with Elastic earlier, this one will be with ribbon ties.
So with some fabric scraps, ribbon (they mentioned you could use shoelaces as an option), sewing clips, and my trusting sewing machine, I found a set of instructions and struck out.
- Face Mask Instructions (I used these as general guidelines)
- 2x 9.5" x 6.5" pieces of Fabric
- 2x 2" x 12" pieces of Fabric
- 2x 7" of Elastic (this is a good average size, but may need to be adjusted if you are a smaller person)
- KAM Plastic Snaps
- KAM Plastic Snap Pliers
- Sewing Clips
- Sewing Machine
1. Cut out 2x 9.5" x 6.5" fabric rectangles and 2x 2" x 12" fabric rectangles.
2. Iron the 2"x12" in half making a 1"x 12" fabric strip with right side facing in. Make 2.
3. Sew 1/4" seam along the long side (12" long seam) and turn then the tube right side out. Iron smooth.
4. Fish a 7" piece of elastic through the tube, I used a sewing clip to keep the back end of the elastic from getting lost in the tube. Pin the elastic level with the end of the tube. It should start to scrunch up some. The tube is 12" long and the elastic is 7" long. Tuck the fabric into the tube without losing the elastic (use a second pin to keep in place) and sew the finished end of the earpiece that will be exposed. Make 2.
5. With the right side of 9.5" x 6.5" fabric facing up, pin the 2 fabric and elastic earpieces to the bottom corners. Like so.
6. Pin the second piece of 9.5" x 6.5" fabric facing down to the fabric with the earpieces tucked safely inside. Make sure the earpieces don't get caught in the edges while sewing.
7. Sew a 1/4" seam starting about 1/2 way on the long side. Go all the way around the perimeter, stopping when you have about 1.5" to 2" left. Make sure to go back and forth at each of the corners to anchor the ribbon. Leave that gap so that you can turn the face mask right side out.
8. Turn the mask right side out and iron it flat.
9. Make three pleats lengthwise, like you are folding a paper fan. I eyed it and used the sewing clip width as my pleat measurer, but if I was making more than a handful of these, I would make myself a template to make this part easier. The pleats help the mask form around the wearer’s face. Secure each pre-sewn pleat with a sewing clip as pictured above.
10. Now sew a 1/4" stitch around the outer perimeter of the mask face, going back and forward over the corners to add more stability to the ribbon.
11. Then, top stitch a second time around the outer edge about 1/4" in from the first round of stitching.
13. Tada! You have a finished face mask. This was my husband's favorite because the elastic didn't rub and pull at his ears. I added a second KAM Plastic Snap in pink to each side to make the mask work better with my face.
*Afterthoughts, this mask was the perfect size for my husband, but I added another KAM Plastic Snap an inch in for me on the scrunchy earpiece. This also worked for my teens, but I will need to adjust for my smaller kiddos. This mask seems best sized for teens to adults.
Yes, ILikeBigButtons.com OPEN and Shipping! March 18 2020
Yes, I Like Buttons! OPEN and Shipping!
We have gotten a few questions about if we are open and shipping during this time. The answer is YES! We are all healthy and safely tucked at home as we practice social distancing.
I Like Big Buttons! is a completely e-commerce based, family-run business. Since we don't have a physical storefront, we are able to continue our operations as usual. All our items are in stock and ready to ship. Items purchased before 3 pm PT will go out the next business day via our USPS scheduled morning pickup.
My presence on social media may slow, and I ask for your patience with that. I have just become a full-time homeschooling mom for the next 6 weeks, on top of my responsibilities at I Like Big Buttons!, being a full-time wife, and a full-time momma. As many of you know, I am a momma of many, which means lots of "Mom, Mom, Mom!" as the day goes long. Lots of "How do I do this?" and "What am I supposed to do next?" Our school district has been amazing and was able to send all my kiddos home with lots of work, both online and in packet form, to keep them active.
For support or product questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We check our email support constantly, but may only get to our social media pages a few times a day. Facebook doesn't always notify us that you have asked a question, so we may not see it in a timely manner.
I Like Big Buttons! 🌈 Rainbow Combo Sale 🌈 March 01 2020
Rainbow Combo Packs are 20% OFF
No Coupon Necessary
Let the record show that I went into the craft store for ONE thing. February 18 2020
😍🤗😂 Every time! 😍🤗😂
♥♥♥ I Like Big Buttons! Be My Valentine Sale ♥♥♥ February 14 2020
💕 Valentine’s Day Week Celebration Giveaway 💕@ I Like Big Buttons! February 10 2020
To celebrate Valentine’s Day week, we will be giving away a 'craft kit' prize every day this 💕 week in our I Like Big Buttons Group!
Each kit will include one or more of our I Like Big Buttons! craft supplies and links to our online tutorials. (Fabric, glue, etc will not be included).
The winner must like and comment with an answer to the day's post/image in I Like Big Buttons Group.
Giveaway will start at 12 pm PT today (Monday, February 10th)!!!
Monday's prize: 💜 Self-Cover Button Barrettes (25 Size 30 Cover Buttons, Tool/Template, and (25) Random Mix of Barrettes)
Tuesday's prize: 💙 210 Long Prong KAM Snap Starter Pack in Rainbow Spectrum and K2 Plastic Snap Pliers (One 10 pack of each color)
Wednesday's prize: 💚 Self-Cover Button Jumbo Paper Clips (12 Size 45 Cover Buttons, Tool/Template, and (12) Random Mix of Paper Clips)
Thursday's prize: 💛 15 Random Mix of 1" (25 mm) Key Fob Hardware and Key Fob Hardware Pliers
Friday's prize: 🧡 Enameled Pacifier Clips (10 Enameled Clips, 20 Sets of White KAM Snaps, K2 Plastic Snap Pliers, and Random Mix of MAM Rings)
- Page 1 of 2