How To Open KAM Suspender Clips @ ILikeBigButtons.com January 24 2022
Pacifier clips are great for making pacifier holders, bib clips, toy holders, and various other ribbon or sewing crafts. They have grabbing teeth that secure tightly.
We frequently get asked, "How do you open these clips?"
These clips have a "soft" locking mechanism in the back that makes it more difficult to release unintentionally.
Opening the clip is a 2-step process.
First, slightly lift the lever in the rear to unlock.
Then, pull the front lip and the rear lever up and towards each other at the same time.
Once you get the hang of it, they are easy to open, but difficult for little fingers or to be released on accident.
Tag Sensory Blankets @ ILikeBigButtons.com September 09 2021
I love making these because they are simple, my babies loved them, and they are easy to sew.
Link to Tag Sensory Blanket Tutorial
Jean Pacifier Clip with Fabric Rosette November 16 2020
Supplies for a Recycled Jean Pacifier Clip with Fabric Rosette:
- 1 Pair of Holey Jeans
- 1 1/2" to 2" x 24" long strip of Fabric
- 1 KAM Plastic Pacifier Clip
- 1 KAM Snap Sets
- KAM Snap Pliers and Awl
- Sewing Clips
- Standard Sewing Machine
- Hot Glue Gun
- Fabri-Tac - Fabric Adhesive
- Using an old, holey pair of Jeans cut two 1 1/2" x 14" strips of material.
- Use Sewing Clips to hold the material, wrong sides together, right sides facing out.
- Stitch around the strip of fabric about a 1/4 to 3/8" in all the way around making sure to backstitch at the start and end.
- Pull on the edges to fray the jean material up to the stitch you made. I used a crafty child :) with a cutting board and a fork. It will also fray over time but I was going for this look.
- To make the Fabric Rosette, fold the fabric in half, wrong sides together, two times. You will end up with about 1/2" or less strip of fabric 24" long. I used an iron to fold it, not so much that it was completely flat, just enough that it held its shape. Start at one end and hot glue the first bit of it back against itself.
- Continue this ever so often so that the 'bud' stays together.
- Make the bud or center of the rose about 1/2" in diameter. Add one last drop of hot glue.
- Now twist the fabric 360 degrees, so that the bottom becomes the top. Tack it with a small bead of hot glue and repeat.
- Continue twisting and gluing until you run out of fabric or until you reach the desired size of your rosette.
- It will look like this when you are finished.
- Glue the last bit of fabric on the underside of the Rosette securely with hot glue.
- For a more finished look, I added a circle of felt to the bottom with Fabri-Tac.
- Put the KAM Plastic Pacifier Clip on the Fabric strip about 1″ in.
- Fold back 1″ of the strip back onto itself.
- Straight stitch across the fabric strip just behind the KAM Plastic Pacifier Clip. Make sure to set the stitch.
- Make sure that the internal snap in a comfortable distance to accommodate the width of the handle, I spaced my KAM Snaps about 2″ apart using the Pacifier I have with the biggest handle.
- Now on the side where the Pacifier will be attached, I installed a Cap and Socket about 1/2″ from the edge. I used Size 20 snaps for this tutorial but either Size 20 or Size 16 will work great.
- Add Fabric Rosette with Fabri-Tac to the Pacifier Clip just above the clip.
- Now snap the Pacifier in place, attach to your child’s outfit and go.
- Tada! Okay, I think I am in love. Super cute! Happy Snapping!!! To see our other great Pacifier Clip Tutorial and KAM Plastic Snap Ideas and buy these supplies visit I Like Big Buttons.com.
Disclaimer: Keep in mind that although I have rough tested these I in no way recommend you leave your baby alone with these as there are small pieces and if not done properly they may come apart and become a choking hazard. I would recommend these clips under adult supervision only. The maker and/or parent assumes full responsibility when using these pacifier clips.
I Like Big Buttons! 👶 Pacifier Supply Sale 👶 November 01 2020
are 10% OFF
No Coupon Necessary
Time to Stock Up!
Good Through November 30, 2020.
I Like Big Buttons! 🌈 Rainbow Combo Sale 🌈 March 01 2020
Rainbow Combo Packs are 20% OFF
No Coupon Necessary
♥♥♥ I Like Big Buttons! Be My Valentine Sale ♥♥♥ February 14 2020
Shop Now!!! Storewide 2019 Black Friday Sale @ ILikeBigButtons.com November 23 2019
Black Friday ... Small Business Saturday ... And Cyber Monday all rolled into one HUGE Storewide Sale!
Before we prepare to celebrate another amazing Thanksgiving with our family, I wanted to give all of you our Black Friday Deals so you can get started with some great Christmas crafts or for you pre-planners ;) some last-minute projects.
Coupon Codes (Good through December 12/5/19 on our website):
THANKFUL10 for 10% off orders $25+
THANKFUL15 for 15% off orders $125+
THANKFUL20 for 20% off orders $350+
THANKFUL30 for 30% off orders $1000+
***BONUS: Don't forget that US orders $99+ also get upgraded to free shipping!!!
Black Friday orders made Thanksgiving Day through December 1st (Sunday) will ship out Monday with our morning pickup. Thank you for your understanding and business! Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!!! Have a great crafty holiday week!!!
I Like Big Buttons! and All Buttons big and small :)
|Key Fob Hardware:|
|And Much More...|
😍 I Like Big Buttons! Pacifier Supplies Sale 😍 September 30 2019
See other deals in our Clearance Section on our site:
Rainbow GRAB BAG: Random 1000* Kam Plastic Snaps (Size 20) for $21.95 (Regularly $34.95)
Grab Bag: 1000* Kam Snaps/Plastic Snaps for $18.95 (Regularly $34.95)
Mixed Bag: 100 Kam Snaps/Plastic Snaps Sets (Size 20) for $2.95 (Regularly $3.95)
** Make sure you are a member of our I Like Big Buttons! Facebook Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/ilikebigbuttons/) and don't forget to turn ON your notifications so you don't miss our latest news and deals.
I Like Big Buttons.com - NEW! Pacifier Clips Quick Ordering Chart makes ordering a breeze!!! September 05 2018
Have you taken a moment to check out our NEW easy to navigate Pacifier Clip Quick Ordering Charts !?!
Take a moment to check it out. Simply click on any color, enter quantity, click add to cart, and repeat!
You can narrow down your search by Shape, Loop, Color, and Finish to make ordering easier.