How To Open KAM Suspender Clips @ ILikeBigButtons.com January 24 2022
Pacifier clips are great for making pacifier holders, bib clips, toy holders, and various other ribbon or sewing crafts. They have grabbing teeth that secure tightly.
We frequently get asked, "How do you open these clips?"
These clips have a "soft" locking mechanism in the back that makes it more difficult to release unintentionally.
Opening the clip is a 2-step process.
First, slightly lift the lever in the rear to unlock.
Then, pull the front lip and the rear lever up and towards each other at the same time.
Once you get the hang of it, they are easy to open, but difficult for little fingers or to be released on accident.
Shop with Confidence!
Tag Sensory Blankets @ ILikeBigButtons.com September 09 2021
I love making these because they are simple, my babies loved them, and they are easy to sew.
Link to Tag Sensory Blanket Tutorial
Jean Pacifier Clip with Fabric Rosette November 16 2020
Supplies for a Recycled Jean Pacifier Clip with Fabric Rosette:
- 1 Pair of Holey Jeans
- 1 1/2" to 2" x 24" long strip of Fabric
- 1 KAM Plastic Pacifier Clip
- 1 KAM Snap Sets
- KAM Snap Pliers and Awl
- Sewing Clips
- Standard Sewing Machine
- Hot Glue Gun
- Fabri-Tac - Fabric Adhesive
- Using an old, holey pair of Jeans cut two 1 1/2" x 14" strips of material.
- Use Sewing Clips to hold the material, wrong sides together, right sides facing out.
- Stitch around the strip of fabric about a 1/4 to 3/8" in all the way around making sure to backstitch at the start and end.
- Pull on the edges to fray the jean material up to the stitch you made. I used a crafty child :) with a cutting board and a fork. It will also fray over time but I was going for this look.
- To make the Fabric Rosette, fold the fabric in half, wrong sides together, two times. You will end up with about 1/2" or less strip of fabric 24" long. I used an iron to fold it, not so much that it was completely flat, just enough that it held its shape. Start at one end and hot glue the first bit of it back against itself.
- Continue this ever so often so that the 'bud' stays together.
- Make the bud or center of the rose about 1/2" in diameter. Add one last drop of hot glue.
- Now twist the fabric 360 degrees, so that the bottom becomes the top. Tack it with a small bead of hot glue and repeat.
- Continue twisting and gluing until you run out of fabric or until you reach the desired size of your rosette.
- It will look like this when you are finished.
- Glue the last bit of fabric on the underside of the Rosette securely with hot glue.
- For a more finished look, I added a circle of felt to the bottom with Fabri-Tac.
- Put the KAM Plastic Pacifier Clip on the Fabric strip about 1″ in.
- Fold back 1″ of the strip back onto itself.
- Straight stitch across the fabric strip just behind the KAM Plastic Pacifier Clip. Make sure to set the stitch.
- Make sure that the internal snap in a comfortable distance to accommodate the width of the handle, I spaced my KAM Snaps about 2″ apart using the Pacifier I have with the biggest handle.
- Now on the side where the Pacifier will be attached, I installed a Cap and Socket about 1/2″ from the edge. I used Size 20 snaps for this tutorial but either Size 20 or Size 16 will work great.
- Add Fabric Rosette with Fabri-Tac to the Pacifier Clip just above the clip.
- Now snap the Pacifier in place, attach to your child’s outfit and go.
- Tada! Okay, I think I am in love. Super cute! Happy Snapping!!! To see our other great Pacifier Clip Tutorial and KAM Plastic Snap Ideas and buy these supplies visit I Like Big Buttons.com.
Disclaimer: Keep in mind that although I have rough tested these I in no way recommend you leave your baby alone with these as there are small pieces and if not done properly they may come apart and become a choking hazard. I would recommend these clips under adult supervision only. The maker and/or parent assumes full responsibility when using these pacifier clips.
I Like Big Buttons.com - NEW! Pacifier Clips Quick Ordering Chart makes ordering a breeze!!! September 05 2018
Have you taken a moment to check out our NEW easy to navigate Pacifier Clip Quick Ordering Charts !?!
Metal Pacifier Clips Order Chart
Plastic Pacifier Clips Order Chart
Take a moment to check it out. Simply click on any color, enter quantity, click add to cart, and repeat!
You can narrow down your search by Shape, Loop, Color, and Finish to make ordering easier.