I Like Big Buttons! Family Favorite: Zesty Homemade Chili November 09 2023
This recipe gets rave reviews and is a hit whenever I make it. It is delicious, super easy to make, and made with supplies I keep in my pantry year-round.
- 2 lbs. cooked Ground Beef
- 1 large Onion or Dried Onions
- 1 large Green Pepper (diced)
- 2 cans of Italian Recipe Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 can of Water from can above
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- ¼ teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- ½ teaspoon of Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon of Oregano
- 1 teaspoon of Ground Cumin
- 2 cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 2 cans of Kidney Beans drained
- 1 can of Black Beans drained
- If you have a pressure cooker:
- Layer ingredients as listed above except beans and cook until pressure cooker starts rocking, turn to medium heat and allow to rock for 5 MINUTES and let cool on own (about 20 minutes). Add beans stir and let sit for 5 minutes or so until beans warm through and serve.
- If you don’t have a pressure cooker:
- Put all ingredients in a large pot on the stovetop and simmer for at least 30 minutes to an hour until ingredients are cooked well and serve.
- If using a crockpot and allow to cook through.
*Garish with diced avocados, shredded cheese, a side of Doritos, if desired.
**Tip: This Chili is AMAZING with my Homemade Cinnamon Rolls.
***Tip: I often make a double batch of it, so that I have 2 meals worth.