I Like Big Buttons! Family Favorite: English Toffee November 17 2023
This is one of my Grandma's recipes and a favorite of my family.
- ½ cup chopped nuts (pecan or walnuts)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 6 oz chocolate chips (semi or milk chocolate)
- Place ½ cup of chopped nuts in the bottom of an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet.
- Cook ¾ cup of brown sugar (packed) and ½ cup butter to 270 degrees for about 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour over nuts and smooth out.
- Sprinkle over toffee 6 oz of chocolate chips (or not).
- Cover at once with tin foil and wait for 2 minutes or until chips are soft.
- Then spread the melted chocolate out with a spatula.
- Let Cool.
- Break into pieces. Turn over on wax paper and strike with a heavy spoon or break with hands.
Keep refrigerated. (May freeze)
Makes - 1 lb. candy