Favorite I Like Big Buttons! Christmas Candy: English Toffee December 23 2020, 0 Comments
ENGLISH TOFFEE CANDY
* ½ cup chopped nuts (pecan or walnuts)
* ¾ cup brown sugar
* ½ cup butter
* 6 oz chocolate chips (semi or milk chocolate)
1. Place ½ cup of chopped nuts in the bottom of an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet.
2. Cook ¾ cup of brown sugar (packed) and ½ cup butter to 270 degrees for about 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Pour over nuts and smooth out.
4. Sprinkle over toffee 6 oz of chocolate chips (or not).
5. Cover at once with tin foil and wait for 2 minutes or until chips are soft.
6. Then spread the melted chocolate out with a spatula.
7. Let Cool.
8. Break into pieces. Turn over on wax paper and strike with a heavy spoon or break with hands.
Keep refrigerated. (May freeze)
Makes - 1 lb. candy