Cinnamon Roll Recipe from ILikeBigButtons.com Kitchen May 17 2022
🍮 Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting 🍮
Ingredients for Bread Machine:
- 1 cup of Water
- 1 Egg
- 3 1/4 cup of Bread Flour (yellow bag usually)
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoon of Rapid Rise Yeast (for bread machines)
Bread Machine Directions:
My bread machine has a quick dough option it takes about 45 minutes to knead and mix and warm and knead it again or something like that, I usually walk away :). When it is done, I leave it in the bread machine for 15 more minutes and let it rise so that the yeast is more relaxed and easy to roll.
***Alternative: 1 frozen loaf of Rhodes bread, thawed and rolled out will do the same thing. :)
Cinnamon Filling Directions:
In a bowl mix:
- 1 cube softened butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
Building the Cinnamon Rolls:
- Plop the dough on a lightly dusted counter and roll it out about 18-24 inches long and 10-12 high. Spread the sugar/butter/cinnamon mix on the dough and roll it up. It should still be 18-24 inches long.
- Then cut the dough into 1 1/2 to 2-inch rolls. I use a steak knife or dental floss. You should get approximately 12 rolls.
- Place them in a 9x13 greased pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 45-60 minutes until they double in size.
- Then bake them at 350 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes. Watch them closely towards the 20 minutes, they start to brown fast.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 cube of softened Butter
- 1/2 cube of softened Cream Cheese (4 oz)
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- About 1/2 pound of Powdered Sugar (added in gradually while mixing)
- Whip it until smooth and fluffy. It will lighten in color as you whip it.
- Apply a generous dollop of Cream Cheese Frosting on each warm Cinnamon Roll and enjoy! Straight out of the oven is our favorite. :)
*Tip: These Cinnamon Rolls are AMAZING with my Zesty Homemade Chili.