Christmas Gift Idea #2: Key Fob Wristlets @ ILikeBigButtons.com December 02 2021
- 11"x2.25" fabric strip (of your choosing)
- 1" or 1.25" cotton webbing (depending on Key Fob Hardware Size)
- Heat N Bond or Fusible Tape
- 1" or 1.25" Key Fob Hardware set
- Key Fob Hardware Pliers
- Sewing Clips
- Fray Stop
- Sewing Machine
2. I made a template out of chipboard that was 12"x1.25" to help me achieve a consistent size and look. Fold in and iron the fabric to 1.25" wide.
4. Remove Heat N Bond backing and turn finished Fabric Strip right side up and iron to Cotton Webbing making sure to center it.
5. Stitch along the edge of your Fabric strip, securing the edge onto the webbing. Work slowly, keeping close to the edge. Go the whole length on both sides.
6. Fold the Cotton Webbing in half, right sides facing out and match up the ends. Secure with Sewing Clips and stitch the ends together with a zigzag stitch. Trim any loose threads and lightly coat the end in Fray Stop or equivalent liquid to help resist fraying over time.
8. Using your Key Fob Hardware pliers squeeze the Key Fob Hardware closed a little at a time. I like to go back and forth a couple times so that I don't over-crimp one side too much.
9. Add the Key Ring and Yay!!! You are done. Good Job!!!
* Instructions for 1.25" Key Fob Hardware (adjust accordingly if using 1" Hardware)