#3 Foolproof Fudge
Super quick and tastes amazing with almost no effort - my two favorite baking requirements! 😀
I make multiple batches of this recipe. This year I made Mint Chocolate Fudge and Milk Chocolate Fudge.
• 2/3 cup of Popcorn popped and de-seeded (will make 24 cups)
• 9 Tablespoons of Corn Syrup
• 18 Tablespoons of Butter
• 2 ¼ cups of packed Brown Sugar
Directions for Caramel Sauce:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Put in a saucepan, stir together and bring to a boil.
3. Let boil for 5 minutes, keep an eye on it and continue to stir it.
4. When 5 minutes is up, pull it off the stove and add vanilla and baking soda and stir (it will double in size).
• ¾ teaspoons of Baking Soda
Directions for Caramel Corn:
1. Put popcorn in a turkey broiler pan, pour caramel mixture over and stir.
2. Place in oven for 10 minutes, at 10-minute mark stir and put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
3. At 5 minute mark, pull out and stir**.
4. **If you want crisper Caramel Corn (I like it crunchier), return to oven for an additional 3-5 minutes, pull and stir one last time.
5. Then spread caramel corn on tin foil in a single layer and let cool.
6. When cooled, break it up and eat.