How To Make "No Sew" Pom Pom Organza/Chiffon Flower Shoe Clips November 19 2014, 0 Comments
How To Make "No Sew" Pom Pom Organza/Chiffon Flower Shoe Clips
Today, I made a cute set of "No Sew" Pom Pom Organza/Chiffon Flowers for my daughter's shoes. A sweet accent to otherwise ordinary shoes!
- Organza or Chiffon of your choosing
- 1"-1 1/2" circle of White Felt
- Pair of Shoe Clips
- Scissors or Accucut Die Machine
- Hot Glue Gun/Glue or E6000
1. Cut 12+ Organza Fabric circles in the size and pattern you desire. I used my Accucut Die Machine and cut 3 1/2" circles. Also, cut 2x 1" to 1 1/2" White Felt circles.
2. Fold the Organza in half.
3. Fold the Organza again 1/3 of the way.
4. Put a drop of Hot Glue in the bottom corner of the Organza.
5. Fold the last 1/3 of the Organza over on the Hot Glue dab.
6. Put Hot Glue all around the tip of the Organza and press into the center of the White Felt circle backing.
7. Like so and repeat around the circle until you fill it in. It reminds me of the school craft we use to do with different colored tissue paper and glue to make a picture :). I added a couple extra dabs of hot glue and brought some of the internal Organza petals closer together.
8. Add a large dab of Hot Glue or E6000 to the back of the White Felt circle.
9. Press the Shoe Clip firmly into the Hot Glue and let it dry. Repeat steps to make a matching set.
11. I have also made "No Sew" Pom Pom Flowers with Felt and Fabric, see tutorials for details. These little flowers would also work great for headbands, brooches, or anywhere you would like a bit of fun, colorful, embellishment.