How To Make "No Sew" Pom Pom Fabric Flower Shoe Clips November 13 2014
How To Make "No Sew" Pom Pom Fabric Flower Shoe Clips
Today, I made a cute set of "No Sew" Pom Pom Cotton Fabric Flowers for my daughter's shoes. A sweet accent to otherwise ordinary shoes!
- Cotton Fabric of your choosing
- 1"-1 1/2" circle of White Felt
- Pair of Shoe Clips
- Scissors or Accucut Die Machine
- Hot Glue Gun/Glue or E6000
1. Cut 12+ Cotton Fabric circles in the size and pattern you desire. I used my Accucut Die Machine and cut 2 1/2" circles. Also, cut 2x 1" to 1 1/2" White Felt circles.
2. Fold the Fabric in half. I choose to fold it right sides together feeling that it would eventually expose more of the pattern. It think it was a push but I liked how it turned out.
3. Fold the Fabric again 1/3 of the way.
4. Put a drop of Hot Glue in the bottom corner of the Fabric.
5. Fold the last 1/3 of the Fabric over on the Hot Glue dab.
6. Put Hot Glue all around the tip of the Fabric and press into the center of the White Felt circle backing.
7. Like so and repeat around the circle until you fill it in. It reminds me of the school craft we use to do with different colored tissue paper and glue to make a picture :). I added a couple extra dabs of hot glue and brought some of the internal Fabric petals closer together.
8. Add a large dab of Hot Glue or E6000 to the back of the White Felt circle.
9. Press the Shoe Clip firmly into the Hot Glue and let it dry. Repeat steps to make a matching set.
11. I have also made "No Sew" Pom Pom Flowers with Felt and Organza, see tutorials for details. These little flowers would also work great for headbands, brooches, or anywhere you would like a bit of fun, colorful, embellishment.