30 Days of Snaps!!! Day #16: How to make a "No Sew" Pacifier Clip with KAM Snaps and an Enamel Clip June 17 2014
Making a "No Sew" Pacifier Clip with KAM Snaps and Enamel Clip
Today, I am making a "No Sew" Pacifier Clip. All the usefulness, no sewing necessary!
Supplies for a "No Sew" Pacifier Clip:
- Pacifier with Hinged Handle
- 14-15" of 7/8" Grosgrain Ribbon
- 1 Enamel Clip or Plastic Clip
- 2 KAM Snap Sets
- KAM Snap Pliers and Awl
- Fabric Tac
- Lighter or Chef's Torch
1. Choose a 7/8" or 3/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, cut a 14" to 16" length of ribbon. I did 7/8" Grosgrain Ribbon and I cut it 16" long so when it was completed it was approximately 12" long.
2. The ribbon I was using was made of polyester so I used a lighter to seal the ends of the ribbon so it doesn't fray. (If you are unsure, you may want to practice on a scrap piece if this is your first time or you are unsure of the what the material is made of.)
3. Then I used a bit of Fabric Tac and folded over an 1" of the ribbon back on itself to reinforce the ribbon and pressed it firmly and let it dry. Repeat on the opposite end.
4. Once dry, I installed a Cap and Socket in each end of the ribbon about 1/2" from the edge. I used Size 20 snaps for this tutorial but either Size 20 or Size 16 will work great.
5. On the side that will hold the Enamel Clip I simply folded the ribbon over at the 1" mark and installed a Cap and Stud where it would meet. I, then, feed the Enamel Clip onto the ribbon and snapped it into place. It may have been easier to thread on the pacifier clip before installing any Snap parts but I was able to feed it through without much trouble.
6. Now on the side where the Pacifier will be attached, adjust the internal snap in a comfortable distance to accommodate the width of the handle. I went an additional 1/2" for the Pacifier, I used.
7. Now snap the Pacifier in place, attach to your child's shirt and go.
8. Tada! Happy Snapping!!!