Ribbon and Cotton Webbing Key Fob Tutorial
How to make a Ribbon Key Fob Wristlet:
You will need:
- Sewing Machine
- Pliers (duck taped ends)
- 1.25" Cotton Webbing
- Ribbon (Narrower than the Cotton Webbing)
- Coordinating color thread
- Heat N Bond or Fusible Tape
- 1.25" (32 mm) Key Fob Hardware
Instructions (adjust accordingly for 1" hardware):
- Cut a 10" section of the Cotton Webbing and Ribbon of your choosing.
- Cut a 10" section of Heat N Bond, keeping it thinner than your ribbon.
- Iron the Heat N Bond to your Cotton Webbing, making sure to center it. This is not a necessary step but it makes it easier to sew the Ribbon on especially with embroidered ribbon.
- Iron the Ribbon to the Cotton Webbing.
- Sew up one side of the Ribbon and down the other. The Ribbon should now be securely attached to the Cotton Webbing.
- Trim the edges so they are even.
- Fold the Cotton Webbing in half, right sides facing out and match up the ends.
- Stitch the ends together with a 1/4" seam allowance.
- Trim any loose threads.
- Tuck the sewn seam ends into the Key Fob Hardware, making sure that the Cotton Webbing is centered.
- Using your Pliers wrapped in duct tape or a scrap of fabric to protect the metal from getting scratched, squeeze the Key Fob Hardware closed a little at a time. I like to go back and forth a couple times so that I don't over crimp one side.
- Add the Key Ring and Yay!!! You are done. Good Job!!!