Key Fob Lip Balm Holder
- 15.5" x 2.25" of Cotton Fabric
- 15.5" x 2.25" piece of Fusible Interfacing
- 1.25" Key Fob Hardware with Split Rings
- Key Fob Pliers
- Sewing Clips
- Standard Sewing Machine
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Cut a 15.5" x 2.25" piece of Cotton Fabric and Fusible Interfacing. These measurements will work for standard Lip Balm Tube and the standard Blistex Tube. You may need to adjust measures for your favorite lip product.
- Iron the Fusible Interfacing to the wrong side of your fabric.
- Fold right sides together width-wise and sew both long sides with a 1/4" seam. Do not sew short sides.
- Turn tube right side out through the open side, iron flat, and sew the open short side closed with a zig-zag stitch.
- Fold zig-zag side back on itself 1 1/4". Sew straight stitch 1/2" from the top, and again at 5/8" from the top. This is what it will look like from the back.
- Here is how the front turned out. This will be the front of the pocket on the Lip Balm Holder.
- Fold the tab that will be the front of the pocket at 2 3/4". Make sure the zig-zag stitch is hidden. Use Sewing Clips to hold front pocket in place while sewing. Stitch at 1/4" seam around the whole holder. And again at 1/8". Start and finish at the top edge so that your start and finish stitches will be hidden.
- Center the 1.25" Key Fob Hardware on the top edge of the Lip Balm Holder.
- Using Key Fob Hardware Pliers squeeze the Key Fob Hardware closed with gentle pressure. Sometimes, I go back and forth from left to right added a little bit of pressure to each side until it eases together. Our Key Fob Hardware Pliers make this easy to do. Make sure the teeth in the Key Fob Hardware are sunk securely into the fabric.
- Tada! These little Lip Balm Holders were easy to make and are great as a quick thoughtful gift for a loved one who hates chapped lips.
- Hang them on your keychain, the outside of your purse, or anywhere you need for quick access.