Fabric Key Fob Hardware Wristlets
- 10" x 5" Fabric of your Choosing
- 10″ x 2.5" Piece of Fusible Fleece or 10" x 5" Fusible Interfacing
- 1 Key Fob Hardware and Split Ring
- Key Fob Hardware Pliers
- Sewing Clips
- Standard Sewing Machine
- Fray Check
- Cut a 10" x 5" section of Fabric of your choosing and 10" x 2.5" Fusible Fleece.
- Iron Fusible Fleece to the center of the fabric. Fold and iron the Fabric in half with the wrong sides together.
- Unfold and iron the Fabric in half again long sides to the center.
- It will look like this when you get done.
- Use your Sewing Clips to pin the Wristlet flat.
- Stitch along the edge of your Fabric strip, I stitched 1/4" in. Remove the Sewing Clips as you go. Work slowly, keeping close to the edge and as straight of a line as possible.
- Repeat 1/4" stitching along the opposing edge.
- Fold the Fabric Wristlet Strip in half, right sides facing out and match up the ends.
- Stitch the ends together with a zig zag stitch. I went back and forth a few times to insure it held.
- Trim any loose threads. Use Fray Check to seal the end of the exposed Fabric edge.
- Tuck the sewn seam ends into the Key Fob Hardware, making sure that the Fabric Wristlet is centered.
- Using Key Fob Hardware Pliers squeeze the Key Fob Hardware closed with gentle pressure. Sometimes, I go back and forth from left to right added a little bit of pressure to each side until it eases together. Our Key Fob Hardware Pliers make this easy to do.
- Note the adjustable screw set to the distance I want the pliers to go to.
- Add the Split Ring and Yay!!!
- I love them and now I have a few sets to share!!!