Cover Buttons Parts
Cover Buttons Parts (for individual parts only)
- Caps ONLY - The front cap or domed cover is compatible with both the Flat Back or Wire Back.
- Flat Backs ONLY - The Flat Backs are used for crafts where you would like to glue a cover button: jewelry, bracelets, rings, earrings, necklaces, bobby pins and barrettes, scrapbooking, and much more.
- Wire Backs ONLY - Wire Backs are used for fabric cover buttons in sewing, shoes, clothing, ponytail holders, and much, much more.
(Disclaimer) *Please note this listing is cover button parts ONLY. You may choose Caps or Backs (Flat or Wire).
(Disclaimer) *If you are hoping for full sets of cover buttons (Cap and Back), please purchase our other listings. This listing has been described to the best of our ability.
You will need a cover button assembly tool to put cover buttons together. We also carry a reusable button cover template.
You can do it! See how easy it is with one of our step-by-step tutorials:
Each bag includes either caps or backs only (Flat or Wire of your choosing).
For size reference, cover buttons are available in the following sizes:
- Size 20 (1/2 inch / 12 mm)
- Size 24 (5/8 inch / 15 mm)
- Size 30 (3/4 inch / 19 mm)
- Size 36 (7/8 inch / 23 mm)
- Size 45 (1 1/8 inch / 28 mm)
- Size 60 (1 1/2 inch / 38 mm)
- Size 75 (1 7/8 inch / 48 mm)
Cover Button Tips:
- These Cover Buttons are not recommended for upholstery, leather, vinyl, or other fabrics which are better served by using brass and teeth-style upholstery buttons.
- These Cover Buttons do not need and will not work with a mechanical press. They are made to be formed with the matching sized silicone Cover Button tool that we offer. Simply choose "Add Tool" from the drop-down menu and the correct sized tool will be added to your order.
- The size of the fabric circle for each Cover Button size should be approximately twice the diameter of your button blank. If you would like a matching sized reusable plastic circle template, simply choose "Add Template" from the drop-down menu and the correct sized tool will be added to your order.
- When the circle of fabric and Cover Button Cap are snugly situated in the clear base of the Cover Button tool, flip the tool over and double-check the positioning of your fabric. If it has a pattern, you will see a preview of how the button will form and can make adjustments to the fabric before you install the back.
- You may want to add a dab of E6000 or comparable adhesive before installing the Cover Button Back as a precaution to ensure a permanent hold.
- Save your fingers: Tip #1 - Use the backside of a permanent marker or comparable item on the smaller sized Cover Button Caps to press them into the clear base of the Cover Button tool.
- Save your fingers: Tip #2 - Take a flat piece of wood and use it to apply even downward pressure on the pink plunger of the Cover Button installation tool when installing the back. Not so much pressure that you flatten the button, just until it pops into place.
- To remove the Cover Button from the clear base once it has been formed, bend the mold slightly and push up from the bottom to pop out the button.