Today I am making Fabric Cover Button Push Pins for my cork boards. I am 'trying' to get more organized with my kiddos paperwork, schedules, and notes that I need to keep track of. The cork boards are up, and now I just need some cute embellished Fabric Push Pins to jazz up my organization. :)
- 1 Completed Flat Back Fabric Cover Button (Attach Size 20 (1/2 inch / 12 mm), Size 24 (5/8 inch / 15 mm), Size 30 (3/4 inch / 19 mm) flat back cover buttons.)
- 1x Thumb Tack
- E6000, Hot Glue, or comparable adhesive
1. Cut your fabric scrap. You will want a circle that is about twice the diameter of your button blank. *TIP* Our All-In-One Cover Button Template makes creating the right size circle of fabric a breeze.
2. Put your fabric piece in the larger assembly tool piece (RIGHT SIDE DOWN). When you look into the tool you want to see the back of the fabric.
3. Place the button front (the domed piece) on top of the fabric. Leave the fabric edges hanging out.
4. Press the cover button edges down into the tool. *TIP* To make it easier on my fingers, I use a sharpie marker to apply pressure.
5. Place the back cover button piece on top of your fabric and button front. *TIP* If the cover button will be subject to repeated tugging from the back, you may want to add a little e6000 adhesive before attaching the back.
6. Take the smaller piece of the assembly tool and with the open side down place it on the button back.
7. Press down. You may hear a pop when the last bit of the button back slips into place. If you take the tool out and the button is not completely secured, just put it back in and press down again. *TIP* I often use a flat piece of wood to apply pressure, again to save my fingers. It also helps to avoid the button back going in at an angle.
8. When you take the small assembly tool piece off, the fabric edges will be secured underneath the button back.
9. Remove the button from the larger assembly tool piece.
10. Tada! Now to attach it to the Thumb Tack and make a Fabric Cover Button Push Pin.
11. Apply E6000 to back of Cover Button.
12. Center and press Thumb Tack into place and remove any extra Adhesive.
13. Let dry and enjoy. Tada, tada!!! So Cute!!!
To see other great Fabric Cover Button ideas, visit our DIY Project section here.
I Like Big Buttons Storewide Black Friday Sale!!! November 25 2014
BLACK FRIDAY is here early!!! Before we prepare to celebrate another amazing Thanksgiving with our family, I wanted to give all of you our Black Friday Deals so you can get started with some great Christmas crafts or for you pre-planners some last minute projects.
Coupon Codes (Good through Cyber Monday 12/01/14 on our website):
BLKFRI5 for 5% off of orders over $25
BLKFRI7 for 7% off of orders over $50
BLKFRI10 for 10% off of orders over $100
BLKFRI15 for 15% off of orders over $200
***BONUS: Don't forget that US orders over $70 also get upgraded to free shipping!!!
Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!!! Have a great crafty holiday week!!!
I Like Big Buttons! and All Buttons big and small :)
Just received this Awesome note from one of our Amazing customers about our Cover Buttons!!! September 11 2014
Just received this Awesome note from one of our Amazing customers:
"Hello there!! Yesterday I received the special size 30 cover buttons kit to make a start of 10 buttons and oh my gosh they are fantastic!!! So I just placed an order...!! I am so hooked!!!! Excellent shipping too!! P.S. even my 17 year old son thought they were cool to make!!!... I will be leaving you excellent feedback too!! Looking forward to getting the other stuff that I have just ordered too!!! Thank you!! Sincerely Cindy"
:) That is wonderful! I am so glad you like them. They are so easy and fun to make! Thank you for taking the time to share your joy :)! Have a great week! Thank you, I Like Big Buttons!
You can make so many great things with Cover Buttons.
Embellished Cover Button Badge Reels:
Cover Button Earrings:
Cover Button Cufflinks:
Cover Button Paper Clips:
Cover Button Push Pins:
Cover Button Bobby Pins:
Cover Button Barrettes:
And Cover Button Ponytail Holders:
These are just a few of the options. Check out all our tutorials here.