Christmas Crafting In My Kitchen @ ILikeBigButtons.com December 18 2018
This week I am spending time crafting in my kitchen. 😊 One of my kiddos favorite tradition is a few days before Christmas we visit all our neighbors with treats and wish them "Happy Jesus' Birthday!"
We spend upwards of 20-30 minutes at each house. 😂 Our cookie run often takes a few evenings to complete. Not the swiftest, but a wonderful time where we get to really talk with our neighbors and enjoy them in more than passing.
This year I thought I would share my favorite easy, but tasty Christmas treats.
#1 Peanut Butter Fudge
See Recipe here: https://pinterest.com/pin/201184308339934112/
- ½ cup chopped nuts (pecan or walnuts)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 6oz chocolate chips (semi or milk chocolate)
- Place ½ cup of chopped nuts in bottom of tin foil lined cookie sheet. Cook ¾ cup of brown sugar (packed) and ½ cup butter to 270 degrees about 7 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over nuts and smooth out.
- Sprinkle over toffee 6 oz of chocolate chips (or not).
- Cover at once with tin foil and wait for 2 minutes or until chips are soft. Then spread the chocolate out with a spatula.
- Let Cool. Break into pieces (turn over on wax paper and strike with a heavy spoon or break with hands)
Keep refrigerated. (May freeze)