Key Fob Lip Balm Holder by ILikeBigButtons.com December 10 2018
I have been admiring these Lip Balm Holders for some time and decided to today to make a few for my littles' Lip Balm and my Blistex. I love how they turned out!
- 15.5" x 2.25" of Cotton Fabric
- 15.5" x 2.25" piece of Fusible Interfacing
- 1.25" Key Fob Hardware with Split Rings
- Key Fob Pliers
- Sewing Clips
- Standard Sewing Machine
- Iron and Ironing Board
1. Cut a 15.5" x 2.25" piece of Cotton Fabric and Fusible Interfacing. These measurements will work for standard Lip Balm Tube and the standard Blistex Tube. You may need to adjust measures for your favorite lip product.
2. Iron the Fusible Interfacing to the wrong side of your fabric.
3. Fold right sides together width-wise and sew both long sides with a 1/4" seam. Do not sew short sides.
4. Turn tube right side out through the open side, iron flat, and sew the open short side closed with a zig-zag stitch.
5. Fold zig-zag side back on itself 1 1/4". Sew straight stitch 1/2" from the top, and again at 5/8" from the top. This is what it will look like from the back.
6. Here is how the front turned out. This will be the front of the pocket on the Lip Balm Holder.
7. Fold the tab that will be the front of the pocket at 2 3/4". Make sure the zig-zag stitch is hidden. Use Sewing Clips to hold front pocket in place while sewing. Stitch at 1/4" seam around the whole holder. And again at 1/8". Start and finish at the top edge so that your start and finish stitches will be hidden.
8. Center the 1.25" Key Fob Hardware on the top edge of the Lip Balm Holder.
9. Using Key Fob Hardware Pliers squeeze the Key Fob Hardware closed with gentle pressure. Sometimes, I go back and forth from left to right added a little bit of pressure to each side until it eases together. Our Key Fob Hardware Pliers make this easy to do. Make sure the teeth in the Key Fob Hardware are sunk securely into the fabric.
10. Tada! These little Lip Balm Holders were easy to make and are great as a quick thoughtful gift for a loved one who hates chapped lips.
11. Hang them on your keychain, the outside of your purse, or anywhere you need for quick access.
To see all our Key Fob Hardware Tutorials, visit our Projects section here.
KAM Snap Upcycled Jean Christmas Ornaments by ILikeBigButtons.com December 05 2018
Today I decided a need a few Upcycled Jean Christmas Trees. As I have mentioned in the past, finding jeans destine for the scrap pile is no problem with a house full of rambunctious kiddos. These cute trees also remind me of some that my parents had when we were growing up.
- A set of holey Jeans
- Star KAM Snaps
- KAM Snap Pliers and Awl
- Fabric of your choice (I picked Christmasy colored cotton fabric)
- Quilt Batting or Pillow Stuffing
- Fabric Adhesive
- Standard Sewing Machine
1. Make a simple Christmas Tree template and trace on your jean fabric with a permanent marker.
2. Make pairs of each tree so that you have a front and back for each tree. You could also use felt or fabric on the back to extend the impact of your jean fabric.
3. Cut the Christmas Tree template down. I took about a 1/2" on each side/angle. Make a Fabric Christmas Tree silhouette for each Jean Christmas Tree.
4. Use a Fabric Adhesive to adhere the Christmas Tree silhouettes to the fronts sides of the Jean Christmas Trees.
5. Use a decorative stitch to outline the Upcycled Jean Christmas Trees on two sides. Then fill with quilt batting or pillow filling.
6. Finish stitching along the bottom swoop of the Christmas Tree. Add a loop of decorative ribbon and a Star KAM Plastic Snap to the top of the Christmas Tree.
Additional Crafty Ideas:
- You could add multiple cuts along the edges of the trees to add more character.
- Or you could fray the edges of the trees.
- You could give the trees finished edges, but that wasn't the look I was personally going for.
- You could add KAM Snaps; both Star, Heart, and Round shaped into the body of the tree to represent ornaments or twinkling lights.
7. Tada! I think they turned out great and add a great pop of color to our Christmas Tree.
Christmasy Fabric Cover Button Magnet by ILikeBigButtons.com November 29 2018
I suddenly needed a few new Christmasy accessories: Fabric Cover Button Magnets to the rescue. I love the splash of color they add to my refrigerator and magnet board. And they are so useful!!!
- 1 Completed Flat Back Fabric Cover Button (Attach either a Size 36 (7/8 inch / 23 mm), Size 45 (1 1/8 inch / 28 mm), Size 60 (1 1/2 inch / 38 mm), Size 75 (1 7/8 inch / 48 mm) flat back cover buttons.)
- All-In-One Cover Button Template
- Cover Button Tool
- 1x 1" Standard Round Magnet (Approximately 3/4" Round)
- E6000, Hot Glue, or comparable adhesive See More
#ilikebigbuttons #shopilikebigbuttons #coverbuttons #fabriccoverbuttons #coverbuttonmagnet #magnets #fridgemagnets #homeaccents #kitchendecor #christmasidea #gift #christmasgift
Storewide 2018 Black Friday Sale @ I Like Big Buttons! November 20 2018
BLACK FRIDAY is here early!!! Before we prepare to celebrate another amazing Thanksgiving with our family, I wanted to give all of you our Black Friday Deals so you can get started with some great Christmas crafts or for you pre-planners ;) some last minute projects.
Coupon Codes (Good through the end of the November 11/27/18 on our website):
BLKFRI5 for 5% off of orders over $25
BLKFRI7 for 7% off of orders over $50
BLKFRI10 for 10% off of orders over $100
BLKFRI15 for 15% off of orders over $200
***BONUS: Don't forget that US orders over $99 also get upgraded to free shipping!!!
Black Friday orders will ship out Monday with our morning pickup. Thank you for your understanding and business! Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!!! Have a great crafty holiday week!!!
I Like Big Buttons! and All Buttons big and small :)